jueves, 7 de noviembre de 2013

Project 03 - Typographic Primer

Part 1
In the first part of this project, we formed research teams and wrote a section of the final book. Once all the information was gathered and the content of the book determined, we passed to part 2.

Part 2
New teams were formed for this part, and together as a team we decided on a format to display all the information. Each team member then adjusted the content of a section into the decided format. The book cover, title page, table of content and colophon were unique to each member. Then, each team member printed their book. 

The following images are the cover, the title page, the divider of each section and a page set of each section of my book.




With this project I got to realize that sometimes we do not proof read enough. Sometimes we do not proof read at all. And that, in a team work can cause a lot of annoying problems (like printing and re printing, and delaying things). However, I also learned what I never thought I could. Making your own book is not that complicated. I actually enjoyed it a lot: formatting, editing... I did not enjoy the part in which things got postponed due to stupid mistakes because of lack of proof reading, but "tutto sommato" I enjoyed this project and felt quite rewarded seeing my final result. Even if I later saw covers that were 'a lot better' than mine. I really feel out of place sometimes in this artistic world where a lot of people have more creativity and a better understanding of the tools at hand (I feel more like a technical artist than an artistic artist I would say). This project was, indeed, what started me into using InDesign, and the second getting to play with Illustrator.

No hay comentarios: